Recently we had a game night with some friends of mine. At the start of the night we played the game “Happy Salmon“. It is a very simple game but really energetic. Every player gets a set of cards. Each card resembles an action. The goal is to get rid of your cards as fast as possible. You will have to find another player with the same action and perform it. To find another player you simply shout your action out loud in the open. The actions are either:
- High five, players high five each other
- Pound it, players fist bumb each other
- Switcheroo, players switch places
- Happy Salmon, players flip there hands against each other very fast, like two fish splashing.
The following video describes the chaos in my living room when we played the game.
As you can see the game is very energetic. However since we simply threw our cards in the air these would most likely do not hold that long. Therefor, I created my own “Happy Salmon” such that I could simply print out, cut it in pieces, and would not have to worry about cards being destroyed. In the process of creating these cards I also added some more actions. These new actions will make the game more challenging when playing with a large crowd.
The cards background are transparent, meaning that if you simply use colored paper you will nice colored cards. Most pictures are self explaining but nevertheless, the following new actions are defined:
- Bro Bump, more or less the same as pound it but only with the knuckles and on shoulder height as in the picture.
- Bro Shake, handshake in the air
- Pinky Swear, pinky swear with one another
- Hug, bit more intimate but should be fun nonetheless
- Handshake, seems obvious
- Teamspirit, for this action you need three people instead of two. You put each other hands on each other and cheer afterwards, something like, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGmp3zdRLyY
- Teamwork, for this action you will need four people instead of the regular two. Simply hold each others arms as shown on the picture.
The cards are simply created in office. Below you can either download the source file or download the original card set or the card set with the new actions. Both files are for one player.
Have fun and good luck!